Team Leader - Land Management
Come and lead the largest revegetation project on private land in the world!
Taranaki Regional Council’s mission is to promote the sustainable use, development and protection of our region’s natural resources. Our Land Management Officers play a pivotal role in achieving this mission through promoting our riparian management programme; one of the largest soil and water conservation programmes in the country.
The role of Team Leader - Land Management is responsible for leading the promotion and implementation of the Riparian Management Programme to achieve soil and water conservation and sustainable land and water use. This role requires the ability to effectively lead, mentor and develop the capabilities of staff within their team to provide the necessary information, advocacy, and enforcement to achieve behaviour change by landowners.
You will be a leading contender for this interesting and challenging position if you have;
- An appropriate tertiary qualification.
- A good understanding of riparian/land management including relevant work experience.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Proven staff management skills, including directing day-to-day activities, performance management and reviews.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills, particularly the ability to foster community and individual land user understanding of the need to use land resources in a sustainable manner.
- Effective influencing skills to achieve the implementation of Council’s sustainable land management programmes with particular emphasis on the riparian management programme.
- A sound practical knowledge of rural activities that will enable you to develop a rapport with land users.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft and GIS.
- An understanding of the Resource Management Act 1991 will be an advantage.
The work is conducted in all weathers and at times on rough terrain, so good health and physical fitness is essential, as is a clean current driver’s licence for a manual vehicle.
Like to know more?
Taranaki Regional Council, based in Stratford, offers an attractive workplace in a friendly and supportive environment. The job description is available by clicking on the link below. For any further information, please call Karen Smylie, HR Manager on (06) 765 7127.
Applications close on Thursday, 29 November 2018 and must be made directly through this website.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: KFAQ87318
Closing Date: Thursday, 29 November 2018