Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Pou Takawaenga – Relationship Facilitator - Fixed Term till 30 June 2025
Mō mātou | About us
Our people love working here because we are an enthusiastic team, with a diverse range of skills and experience, who are all rowing in the same direction. We are all passionate about making a positive difference for our community, both now and for our future generations. What drives us is making Taranaki the best place in Aotearoa, New Zealand to live, play and do business!
Our main office is based right in the centre of the region, right under our maunga (mountain), in Stratford. Living and working here means you have all the big city benefits, along with a rural lifestyle, and quick access to the sea, and breathtaking country.
Mōu | About you
You will have a proven relationship building and communication experience and ability in successfully engaging with tangata whenua and other Māori groups and building successful partnerships.
- Preferred tertiary level qualification in a field relevant to this role.
- Whakapapa Māori.
- Experience in iwi/hapū relationships and communications, preferably in a “local government” environment.
- Ability to increase and maintain Council staff knowledge and understanding of Taranaki tikanga.
- Ability to think strategically and take a council-wide perspective, understanding the impacts of activities and programmes on the wider Council and community.
- Advanced knowledge of Te Ao Māori, proficiency in Te Reo Māori and an understanding of Tikanga Māori.
- Advanced knowledge of tangata whenua networks within Taranaki and the neighboring districts.
- An understanding of Taranaki kawa and tikanga.
- An awareness of Treaty of Waitangi Treaty Settlements within the region and neighboring districts.
What's on offer?
Taranaki Regional Council is a fantastic place to work! Of course we do flexible working, have an onsite gym, active social club, free parking, additional leave days, and many other perks. However, the best part is working alongside fantastic people who are truly dedicated to the Taranaki region.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
Click on the ‘apply’ button below, fill out your application form and add your CV and cover letter.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Taranaki Regional Council is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace based on different experiences, world views and a desire to learn. So, if you’re excited about this role, but don’t meet the criteria perfectly, we encourage you to reach out anyway. You might be just who we’re looking for.
Further details on the role can be found below on the Position Description link, or for any other questions please contact our People and Wellness team on (06) 765 7127. Applications must be made directly through this website.
There is no closing date for this vacancy. Applications will remain open until a successful candidate is appointed and we reserve the right to close this vacancy when we have received sufficient, suitable applications. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.