Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We are looking for an experienced administrator to join a team of dedicated professionals and provide exceptional governance administration, alongside a range of other support services, at the Taranaki Regional Council.
Mō mātou | About us
We are an enthusiastic bunch of people at Taranaki Regional Council, helping the region continue to be an enviable place to live, play and do business.
Our main office is based right in the centre of the region, under the maunga (mountain), in Stratford.
We have 3 beautiful regional gardens; Pukeiti, Tūpare and Hollard Gardens. Many of our staff work on a daily basis around the region and we are a 35 minute commute from New Plymouth. This region allows you to have all the big city benefits whilst maintaining a rural lifestyle given the relatively quick ability to move from one town to the next.
Whakatakanga & Whanonga pono| Mission & Values
Our mission is to work for a thriving Taranaki by promoting the sustainable use, development and protection of our natural and physical resources, and advocating for the region’s best interests.
We are committed to; public service, a service first approach, improving the quality of our performance, working safely, effective communication and teamwork, Initiative and the right to make mistakes, accountability and results, presentation, respect and care and job satisfaction.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role involves providing exceptional governance support, alongside a range of other support services, from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Joining a team of dedicated professionals at Taranaki Regional Council the Governance Administrator will be instrumental in;
- Organising and coordinating meetings in accordance with Council’s meeting protocols and relevant legislations
- Delivering high quality agendas, minute taking and standing orders support
- Maintaining close professional working relationships with elected and appointed members of Council and its committees
- Supporting governance and wider administration processes
Mōu | About you
You will bring initiative and a can-do attitude to the team, with keen attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills. We like to set people up for success so you’ll be a leading applicant if you also have:
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong computer literacy, particularly using Microsoft Office products to an intermediate level or above
- Demonstrable experience in all or some of the following areas; supporting committees, supporting governance boards, working as either a personal or executive assistant
- Confidence to work with minimum supervision and manage multiple jobs
- Understanding of local government and how it operates
- Ability to prioritise and execute, ensuring tight deadlines are met
- Ability to work in a confidential manner
What’s on offer?
Taranaki Regional Council is a fantastic place to work! We offer great on the job training opportunities as well as the programmes to assist further career development. Of course we do flexible working, have an active social club, additional leave days, and many other perks. However, the best part is working alongside fantastic people who are truly dedicated to the Taranaki region.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
Apply using the link below, fill out your application form and add your CV and cover letter. Further details on the role can be found below on the Position Description link, or for any other questions please contact Tamsin Moala, People and Wellness Coordinator on (06) 765 7127.
Applications close on Friday, 26 August 2022 and must be made directly through this website.
Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your applications as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The Council is committed to the concept of equal employment opportunities.