Refer a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Adviser to join our team.
The Taranaki Regional Council works with the Taranaki community to help make the region a fantastic place to live, play and do business.
Our mission is to work for a thriving Taranaki by promoting the sustainable use, development and protection of Taranaki natural and physical resources, while advocating for the region’s interests.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and organised communications adviser who has communications planning and marketing experience to join our team. Your proven ability to deliver powerful campaigns alongside your experience planning and delivering communications to manage critical issues will hold you in good stead in this role.
We are looking for a flexible self-starter and capable multi-tasker who is an outstanding communicator and speaks the language of marketing and communications fluently. Working with the media is second-nature for you, and you are at your best working as part of a collaborative team.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications or media and three to five years’ experience in a communications environment
- Experience planning and delivering communications to manage critical issues and risks
- Creative experience telling stories using a range of communication channels
- Experience being the first port-of-call for media enquiries
- Skilled at working collaboratively and autonomously within a small team
What’s on offer?
Taranaki Regional Council offers an attractive workplace in a friendly and supportive environment including:
- Flexible working policies including the ability to work from home one day per week
- A family-friendly work environment
- Onsite gym
- Social club
Don’t just tell us why you are the best person for the role. Show us! Please include in your application a copy of a recent communications plan you have created.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
The job description is available by clicking on the link below. For any further information, please call Karen Smylie, HR Manager on (06) 765 7127.
Applications close on Monday, 9 August 2021 and must be made directly through our website www.trc.govt.nz/council-jobs.